Masuma Rahman Nabila : The New Actress of Dhallywood Cinema
Aynabaji, the directorial debut of Amitabh Reza Chowudhury, was released in theaters Â last month with lot of buzz. A crime thriller, Aynabaji stars veteran actor Chanchal Chowdhury and newbie Masuma Rahman Nabila in lead roles. Nabila started her career in as a model. She then became a popular TV host. She also acted in many TV dramas. Finally, she broke into movies. This article will explore Masuma Rahman Nabilaâs life and career.
Full nameÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â : Masuma Rahman Nabila
BirthdayÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â : April 8,
Father Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â : Lutfar Rahman
MotherÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â : Sahana chaudhary
Siblings Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â : 2 sisters and one brother
Home townÂ Â Â Â Â Â : Chittagong
Masuma Rahman Nabila was born in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Her father worked there as an auditing officer in a private firm. She did her SSC from Bangladesh International School in Jeddah. After finishing her SSC, her family moved to Dhaka in Bangladesh and she finished her HSC from Viqarunnisa Noon School and College. She then studied B.A in English at BRAC University.
Nabila had no intention to step into the Â media world. During her university years, she appeared in TVÂ Â commercial for Sharp Blade directed by Mostofa Sarwar Farooki. In 2006, she appeared in several popular television commercials including Robi, Fair & Lovely, and Banglalink.
That same year, she also started TV anchoring with school magazine show âEbong Class Er Baireâ on Banglavision channel. Between 2006 and 2016, Nabila hosted many TV shows, events. By her charming and gorgeous looks she has won the soft corner of viewers. SheÂ hosted a quiz show titled âJanar Ache Bolar Ache.â She was a presented at the BPL opening ceremony and ICC World Twenty20.
- Nabila is the eldest child in her family. Her brotherâs name is Afnan. Her sisterâs name is Wafa Rahman.
- She had no plan to come to modeling. Initially, she wanted to get into teaching profession. She wanted to be a university lecturer.
- Nabilaâs father is her most favorite person. He passed away after 8 months since their return to Bangladesh.
- Initially after returning to Bangladesh, she had to face lots of problems to adopt to new place, new people, and new food habits.
- She always remains positive and gets inspiration from any positive thing.
- The Â favorite novelÂ of her is Samaresh Mazumderâs “Satkahon. “
- âFifty First Datesâ or any type of romantic cinema is her most favorite movie .
- Nabila wants her boyfriend to be someone with whom she could share anything. He should be friendly and talk in proper pronunciation. His company should not be boring.
- Â SheÂ is planning to get married in 2017.
- Nabila is a friendly person and she thinks it is her best quality.
- She faced camera in 2006 at âEbong Class Er Baire.â Initially, she was nervous but was happy to see that programme was finished well.
- She also acted in a TV serial named “Five Female Friends.” It was telecast on GTVÂ from June 2015 to February 2016. The serial had more than 150 episodes. Other actresses of the serial included Maria Nur, Sreya Sharbajoya , Jannatul Ferdous Piya, and Dj Sonica.The drama became quite popular.
- In an interview, Nabila said that she enjoys anchoring live event .
- Nabila is a brand ambassador for Vatika Naturals Europe .
- She enjoys freehand exercise and walking.
- Nabilaâs favorite midnight snack is chocolates.
- Advice to new anchors: Just be you – because that’s being unique!
- Before Aynabaji, Nabila was also approached to work in movies but she refused those offers for she was not interested to work in commercial cinemas.
- Nabila was approached by Amitabh Reza Chowdhury by chance. Amitabh Reza Chowdhury is also her most favorite director and her role in Aynabaji is her dream role.
- For the role, Amitabh Reza Chowdhury was looking for a young girl who would look beautiful without makeup.
- In Aynabaji, Nabilaâs character Hridy is an average Bangladeshi girl. Chanchal Chowdhuryâs characterâs name is Ayna. The two live in same area and fall in love with each other.Â Before meeting Hridy, Ayna was not a good person. After falling in love with Hridy, he wanted to change.
- When Chanchal Chowdhury was selected for the male lead, they called Nabila again and explained the character and plot. Hridyâs character shared many similarities with Nabila in real life. Hence, she decided to go ahead and do the movie.
- To prepare for her role, Nabila read books and watched other movies. She also did training on acting, mouth exercises, and dialogue delivery .
- To become familiar with the environment, Nabila and Chancal did a pre-shoot location visit. For both of them, it was new experience. No other movie maker did such a thing.
- While shooting, Nabila was very excited. Often she made mistakes and did re-takes but when Amitabh shouted “superb” she became very happy.
- Aynabaji was shot for three months. Maximum shooting was in Puran Dhaka and a minor portion in Manikganj.
Nabila has no clear plan to continue acting in movies but if she gets good character, good script, she would definitely work in the cinema.